SEVENSTAX PTP is a Precision Time Protocol (PTP) slave ordinary clock implementation for embedded systems. PTP allows an highly precise synchronization of embedded systems within a network with deviation of the time in the range of microseconds.
- PTP slave ordinary clock version 2 according to IEEE1588-2008
- Multicast default PTP domain 184.108.40.206
- Best master clock algorithm
- integrated PI-rule algorithm
- Supported messages:
- Announce Rx
- Sync Rx
- FollowUp Rx
- Delay_Req Tx
- Delay_Resp Rx
- Timestamp generation in hard- or software
SEVENSTAX PTP can be used with or without hardware support. Hardware support – read and write of the timestamp by the Ethernet controller – increases accuracy.
A list of supported controllers is available on request.